Vision and Values
Cropthorne with Charlton CE First School –
Our Vision: “Inspiring Learning for Life”
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
We are a Church of England School and promote our four core Christian values in everything we do:
Our values help guide us through our daily lives and help us to be the very best we can be.
• To create a positive, happy, secure and caring atmosphere in which everyone can learn.
• To inspire and empower each individual child to achieve to the highest standards possible.
• To ensure effective leadership and management enables the whole school and local community to value and improve their school.
• To provide staff with the opportunities to develop their skills through access to high quality professional development.
• To strive to continually improve our school through a systematic evaluation of all aspects and a willingness to introduce change for the better.
How do we do this?
In addition to having access to the full range of subjects contained in the National Curriculum we aim to provide every child with the opportunity to take part in the following activities:
• Learn to play a musical instrument
• Take part in a residential visit
• Take part in adventurous activities
• Go on a termly thematic visit and/or have input from a visiting specialist
• Go on a visit to a theatre
• Take part in extra-curricular sporting activities
• Work in mixed aged groups from Reception to Year 5 on a focus, such as sport, RE or a curriculum area
• Meet and work with children from other schools.
“We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”